Cam2Com Release Notes
Release 184.108.40.206 (published July 21, 2007)
Release 220.127.116.11 (published July 15, 2007)
- Added ability to work with Olympus "Rye" SDK cameras from standard user
account (i.e. non-administrator account).
- Added Windows Vista support (Olympus "Rye" cameras only).
- Added setting background color in the camera windows.
Added scrolling of windows with pictures by mouse wheel.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release 18.104.22.168 (published January 5, 2007)
Release 22.214.171.124 (published January 2, 2007)
Release 126.96.36.199 (published December 17, 2006)
- Added Canon CD SDK cameras support.
- Checking for known camera
capabilities and offering to run the capabilities dialog if capabilities are
- External flash control - moved to Capture Properties, save
with camera settings.
- If user selected auto-rotation of the picture,
also rotate the Preview.
- Changed Bracketing for Exposure Bias to be
symmetrical around the current value.
- Restore initial setting to the
camera after Bracketing is finished.
- Made it possible to re-enter the
- Made nice bitmaps and icons for XP-like look.
Release 188.8.131.52 (published March 2, 2006)
- Added more Registry strings for SP-series cameras - just in case.
- Moved some dialog controls around for better clarity.
Release 184.108.40.206 (published February 28, 2006)
- Numerous bugs fixed, including but not limited to:
- Fixed bugs preventing work with SP-350Z and other SP - series cameras.
- Fixed bug in time lapse custom intervals, with the format of +NNN
- On startup, Cam2Com displayed "Ready" while it was actually checking
the connected cameras. Now it displays "Checking camera..." and displays "Ready" when it is
really ready. Same for refreshing the cameras.
- Idle message - "Ready" displayed when it must be "Downloading", etc. if mouse
is moved over a menu.
- Fixed erroneous error reporting - errors generated by camera sometimes
were reported as if they were from OS.
- Fixed reporting of progress of downloading pictures when multiple
- Other miscellaneous bugs fixed.
- Zoom control is added to the Capture Properties dialog.
- Capture settings (CPFF) can be loaded automatically for every camera at program start.
- Added auto-bracketing functions - for exposure time, aperture and
- Added remote control - Cam2Com can take pictures when triggered by
C2CRemote (command line program) running on the same or different computer.
- When deleting pictures or whole series of pictures a confirmation message
box is displayed.
- Save starting number for the time lapse pictures for the next run of Cam2Com - from the last picture taken.
- Allow automatic saving of the pictures when taking with one camera.
- Save state and position of Capture Properties dialog at the program exit
and restore when program starts.
- New Registration Code - requires entering user email from which
registration was done.
- Added a box with explanation and offer to unselect "Wheat" cameras if
"Wheat" camera is not connected, and
a delay happens at startup.
Release 220.127.116.11 (published October 17, 2005)
- When parsing images received from the cameras for display, all errors are
ignored. Cam2Com does not display Images that it cannot parse of course, but
the image file as normal and continues taking pictures in the Time Lapse
Release 18.104.22.168 (published October 05, 2005)
- Cam2Com uses the latest Olympus SDK and supports many new camera models.
- Added multi-camera support and simultaneous picture-taking with all
- Added support for Raw image format - no picture display and
- Made a fast, almost live preview in a small window on the computer screen.
- Added sending pictures over FTP.
- Time Lapse Photography can now be used with uneven intervals; it reads them from a
- Added a command line parameter that automatically starts Time Lapse
Photography after the start of Cam2Com.
- In time Lapse Photography it is now possible to turn off the displaying (and
decompressing) of the images to save time and reduce the interval between pictures.
- If an error occurs during the taking of Time Lapse pictures, Cam2Com ignores
it and continues taking pictures.
- Added ability to save all focusing images.
- Added an option to keep taken pictures in the camera after downloading to the
computer - media card eventually fills up.
- Added option to bypass the media card completely and download pictures
directly onto the computer - it is faster.
- Directory selection dialogs now rememberthe path to the last used directory.
- Pictures are now saved asynchronously, thus reducing time intervals between pictures
in Time Lapse Photography. This is especially useful when sending
pictures using FTP over a slow network.
- Set image file date and time to what the camera sets (in EXIF),
when batch-downloading previously taken pictures.
- All configuration data, camera parameters, options, etc. are now saved in
the user profile of the current user.
- Removed ability to drag-and-drop images from Cam2Com to photo editors. It
is better to save the file and then load into an editor.
- Removed the command-line option to open camera setting files (*.cpff). Also, it
is no longer possible to drag and drop them into Cam2Com. However, it is
still possible to open them normally.
On May 15, 2004 added C-8080WZ to the list of supported cameras. No changes
to the software have been made, only HTML files.
Release 22.214.171.124 (published April 14, 2004)
- Load more parameters into the camera before taking a picture. It fixes the
bug some cameras have in which the exposure time is reset to some default value
when taking second and consecutive pictures.
- Fixed a bug - when image was scrolled and another image was taken, the new
image was shown in the non-scrolled position while scroll bars were
not reset. Now it keeps the latest scrolled position of the image when drawing
- When downloading pictures from the camera with deletion, give users the choice of what to do with protected pictures. (Previously, if there were protected pictures, the whole thing simply did not work)
Release 126.96.36.199 (published March 04, 2004)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Cam2Com from working with C-5050Z that had firmware
versions v558-82 and probably 558-77.
- Corrected parts of the manual.
Release 188.8.131.52 (published January 11, 2004)
- Fixed a few bugs.
- Added C-5060WZ to the manual.
Release 184.108.40.206 (published November 10, 2003)
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Improved structure of .camd files.
- Added default support for C-740UZ and C-750UZ.
- Automatically detect new cameras and try to work with them. Thus future
models may be covered.
- In the Auto Take Pictures mode, continue working if an error occurs. Abort
only if 10 errors happen in sequence, with no good pictures in between.
- In the Battery Status dialog, added checkbutton "Never bother me again, ever!"
Release 220.127.116.11 (published May 15, 2003)
- Fixed minor bugs - ISO, white balance shall stay as set when taking
- Long filenames with blanks inside shall work now.
- Fixed error in calculating the time during daylight savings time.
- Picture settings (all that are possible) for display next to the picture are read
from EXIF header rather than from the camera.
- Enhanced error reporting capability - log camera connection errors.
Release 18.104.22.168 (published January 03, 2003)
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Added Olympus SDK errors reporting capability
Release 22.214.171.124 (published December 15, 2002)
- Added support for C-5050 zoom and C-730 Ultra Zoom.
Release 126.96.36.199 (published October 27, 2002)
- Restored previous version of SDK (v 3.0) because the new one did not work
with some cameras. Olympus C4000Z/C4100Z is still supported.
Release 188.8.131.52 (published October 03, 2002)
- Settings for different camera models can be read from
configuration files. This means that camera parameters in the dialogs can be
tailored for the specific camera. Previously, I displayed all possible values
for any camera.
- Made automatic detection of camera resolutions, ISO speed, and zoom range.
The detected parameters are saved in a configuration file specific for the
model of the camera.
- Included latest Olympus SDK 3.2 into the product.
- Added C-4100 Zoom/C-4000 zoom support.
- Updated registry camera strings to the latest Olympus recommendations
(to support C-3100 zoom).
- Updated camera resolutions to the latest Olympus recommendations.
Release 184.108.40.206 (published June 12, 2002)
- Fixed Registry string for C-4040Z to make it work with the latest model.
Release 220.127.116.11 (published June 07, 2002)
- When taking or downloading multiple pictures, if user types a directory that does not exist, offer to create it.
- Made "Pause" and "Continue" buttons for series of automatically taken pictures.
- Made LCD brightness control.
- C3020 registry string fixed, it will work with C3020 now.
- Added bigger apertures for Rye control (useful for C4040)
- Put C4040 zoom range into the Rye file.
- Use macros from the Olympus post for the camera resolution modes (Rye control only).
- Right before taking every picture, check if there is room on the smartmedia card.
- Drag and drop *.cpff files into Cam2Com. Start with cpff file in the command line - file
extension association is possible now, but not done during installation. Accept
cpff files only if camera matches.
- Leave last image on the screen as long as possible when taking multiple pictures.
- No longer distribute license files; hard coded license strings in the program instead.
- Ignore CAM_DC1_RESPONSE error everywhere. Still may not fully work with
cameras that produce it.
- Added creation of CamData directory (if does not exist) when saving camera data.
- Not longer throw exception in DisConnect. It is used in catch().
Release 18.104.22.168 (Published February 15, 2002)
- Added Rye Control - Olympus SDK 3.0 and selecting the camera.
- Set to 0 and disable exposurebias in the Capture Properties Dialog for
- Fixed bug - now focus images are always taken in standard JPEG HI_RES mode, and then
after double-clicking the image either copied over if the desired mode is the same, or retaken.
- Moved INI file to HKCU.
- Low battery warning - converted to dialog with "Do not bother me again."
- Reduced time between shots - continuous shooting in Auto Take Pictures
mode is possible.
- Do not do exhaustive test for camera ports (SDK 2.0) when just started Cam2Com. Instead,
open Camera Select dialog sooner and test ports from there when they select a camera.
- Made Capture Profiles.
- Added TIFF display and rotation.
- Made a dialog for testing cameras.
- Set raw exposure parameters.
- Save all interesting camera things in the text format:
- Camera type
- Camera ID
- Zoom range
- Firmware version.
- Fixed Bug - when changing from JPEG to TIFF, save directory was reset to Windows
- not reproduced on Win 2000. Reported on 98SE. Now save the last used path in the user
- Made WebCam mode.
- Show focus zoom and LCD on the status bar to always be visible.
- Made camera configuration files in CamData subdirectory of the installation directory.
They are read in when camera control class initializes.
- Split Adjust Zoom into Zoom Range and Adjust Zoom. Zoom Range is called automatically if it is
unknown for the camera.
The Range can be saved to always be used in the future.
- Made Cam2ComL.DLL which is auto registered by MSI. It creates the CamData directory and sets permissions on it to
read-write for authenticated users and full control for system. On uninstall it deletes all camera configuration files
and the directory.
Release 22.214.171.124 Beta (Published around October 01, 2001)